Flooring The Consumer on Simple Marketing Now

Please visit Flooring The Consumer's new home on SimpleMarketingNow.com where you can subscribe to receive updates to blog articles in real time!

Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Power of Community - 150 Top Marketing Blogs

While in Atlanta this week, I routinely checked my Technorati links and came across Todd And's Power 150 Top Marketing Blogs. And, guess what? I found Flooring The Consumer listed among the Power 150! I investigated further....

Todd has developed an interesting algorithm to come up with the listing - it's based on Google PageRank, Bloglines Subscribers, Technorati Ranking and ... the special secret ingredient: Todd And Points. Add that all up, and Flooring The Consumer comes in at 112 with a generous 11 out of 15 Todd And Points. How cool is that? Thanks, Todd!

What is particularly engaging about The Power 150 is that Todd includes an RSS subscription button - so it's easy to connect with new marketing blog discoveries.

In looking over the whole list, I'm speechless at the effort The Power 150 took to create. I wondered what inspired him, and came across The Power 150 - America's Top Marketing Blogs - the post in which he announces The Power 150 and his source of inspiration, The MarCom 100, a Dutch listing of top marketing blogs.

The sheer dedication, inspiration and passion that Todd demonstrates with The Power 150 brings to mind the amazing Z-list collage that Sandy Renshaw from PurpleWren created [see Sharing the Z-List]. As you can see here and on my sidebar, it, too, is engaging and demonstrates a similar commitment to community building and connection creation. [For more on the Z-list, read Extending bZZZ.]











Imagine developing this level of community within your business, and offering your customers a similar level of connection. Isn't it powerful, meaningful and memorable? Have you tried anything like this in your retail organization? I'd love to hear about it.

Technorati Tags: , ,

7 comments:

olhares futuros said...

for me your blog is between the 10 top blogger ;))

Robyn McMaster, PhD said...

C.B. I just saw Todd's site today, too. I was truly amazed, as you were at the amount of time it took to create what he did. People's gifts just shine thoughout the blogosphere. Thanks for posting on your site!

Robyn McMaster, PhD said...

C.B., yesterday when I commented I negected to congratulate you for your achievement! Great going. All the posts I've seen on your site are chock full of quality. I'm adding you to my blogroll.

CB Whittemore said...

Robyn, thanks VERY much! I'm honored.

CB Whittemore said...

Santa Mistura - your blog is wonderful, too! I love that you have both portuguese and english. Thanks for all of your encouragement.

Dmitry Linkov said...

Thanks for the z-list-collage spread! Thats fabulous!

Chris Kieff said...

“Never underestimate the power of a small group of dedicated people to change the world. Indeed, it’s all that ever have.”
by Margaret Mead

The Z-list is the embodiment of this quote.

Thanks,
Chris Kieff
Editor: Unconventional Thinking
www.msco.com/blog

Post a Comment

Reminder: Please, no self-promotional or SPAM comments. Don't bother if you're simply trying to build inauthentic link juice. Finally, don't be anonymous: it's too hard to have a conversation. Thanks, CB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...