The show takes place as usual in Las Vegas from Wednesday, January 30th, 2008 through Friday, February 1, 2008 at the Sands Convention Center.
This year, the Surfaces Educational Programs sports a new logo with the tagline – Learn, Network, Succeed - to capture the goals of the education program and the overall SURFACES event, according to Carol Wilkins, conference manager, who pours her heart and soul into this event.
Last year, I presented Why Amazing Shopping Experiences Matter. This year, I am scheduled to discuss "What Your Register Tape Doesn't Tell You." Are you intrigued?
Here's an early hint.... It will definitely address the retail experience, with some Paco Underhill thrown in.
By the way, if you have some strong shopping experience examples to recommend -- flooring related or not -- do let me know. Thanks!
I'm very excited about the seminar lineup and some of the program enhancement. For the first time ever, Surfaces is offering:
- Mini-Sessions on Thursday and Friday from 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- A Tuesday workshop with an off-site Retail Tour in a retail mecca unlike any other. [Well, except maybe for Dubai... In any case, I'll be on this tour!]
Given my interests in the retail experience, here's who I'm looking forward to hearing:
- Deborah Burnett
- Maxine Lauer [see Mad For Color]
- Lisbeth Calandrino [see Lis Calandrino - Tips From The Trade]
- Michelle Nichols
- Jonathan Trivers, a fellow Floor Covering Weekly contributor
- Christopher Ramey, another fellow FCW contributor
- Rich Kizer and Georganne Bender [who, BTW have a blog titled KIZER & BENDER's Retail Adventures in the REAL World™]
- Warren Tyler [see Banish The Hard Sell - Focus on Value Not Price]
I'm just skimming the surface [no pun intended], but there you have it! Register for Surfaces 2008 for yourselves for intense learning opportunities.
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Surfaces Education Committee.
Technorati Tags: Surfaces 2008, retail experience, Surfaces education program
Del.icio.us Tags: Surfaces 2008, retail experience, Surfaces education program