Flooring The Consumer on Simple Marketing Now

Please visit Flooring The Consumer's new home on SimpleMarketingNow.com where you can subscribe to receive updates to blog articles in real time!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Five In The Morning Guest Post

Five's originally uploaded by ArtByChristy.
Are you familiar with the "Five in the Morning" series that Steve Woodruff has created? Every morning he posts links to five interesting posts he has come across - often at 5 AM.

It's a wonderful and user-friendly way to offer readers a window onto other thoughts and thinkers in the blogosphere 5 links at a time.

When I expressed my awe to Steve, he explained that the series has helped him stay atop of his feeds - something I've been struggling with for a while.

He also invited me to participate in "Five in the Morning" and get my own taste. Hence, today's post!

Here are my "Five in the Morning" links for Friday, February 20, 2009.

  • I am a visual thinker and visuals delights like the ones that Carol Gillott brings to life in Paris Breakfasts make my heart and soul sing! I have visited the streets and walked by the stores that Carol captures in her photos and artwork. I can smell the bread and pastries from her images, and hear the sounds of Parisian traffic.
  • Another visual treat for my soul is Elizabeth Perry's Woolgathering. Every day she shares another creation inspired by the most improbable source around her. These are fresh impressions that celebrate what's marvelous around us.
Consider these two sites perfect starting points for a daily brainstorming session. Let your mind loose as you absorb how pen, ink, a dash of color, camera and an unusual perspective can transform your outlook on your gnarliest issue.

  • Lisbeth Calandrino says Get Smart, Be Different, and Try New Things using Anthropologie as an example. Understand who your customer is and what she wants so you can develop the kind of relationship that Andrea describes, and show the kind of love that Maria alludes to.
Are you ready to tackle the world and make a difference? Excellent! Now, go to it!

Steve, thanks for this wonderful opportunity to step back and appreciate the wonderful wisdom and inspiration available from people I admire... and make progress on being caught up on my feeds!

Subscribe to Steve Woodruff's StickyFigure blog and follow him on Twitter: Steve Woodruff.

And, if you are new to Flooring The Consumer, consider subscribing. You can also follow me on Twitter: CBWhittemore.

Technorati Tags: Del.icio.us Tags:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi CB, Thanks for these post recommendations. I think the buy v shop ideas are very appropriate these days. Hope you are doing well.

CB Whittemore said...

Brad, you are most welcome! Thanks for the feedback, and the good wishes. Do take care.

Anonymous said...

C.B., thanks for the kind words!

CB Whittemore said...

Elizabeth, you are most welcome. Thanks for the constant inspiration!

Anonymous said...

When coming from a reliable source these link roundups can be a great way to discover sites you probably wouldn't have on your own.

I personally enjoyed the Five Unique Ways To Show Love For Customers - thinking outside the square and Recession-savvy Consumers Don’t Buy. They Shop posts. Thanks for the heads up!

CB Whittemore said...

hardwood flooring, thanks for the feedback. I really enjoyed participating in this series. So much so, that I've been thinking of doing something similar.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,

Hope all is well with you ;) Thanks for sharing my post!!

CB Whittemore said...

Maria, thanks for continuing to inspire with your posts! I hope all is well.

Post a Comment

Reminder: Please, no self-promotional or SPAM comments. Don't bother if you're simply trying to build inauthentic link juice. Finally, don't be anonymous: it's too hard to have a conversation. Thanks, CB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...