Flooring The Consumer on Simple Marketing Now

Please visit Flooring The Consumer's new home on SimpleMarketingNow.com where you can subscribe to receive updates to blog articles in real time!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Jubilation! Solutia Emerges From Bankruptcy

Jubilation originally uploaded by wwwmegancox.com.

I shared a taste for things to come in Exhilarated By [Solutia] Marketing! Today, I jubilantly share with you that the real deal is upon us...

We have emerged from our long bankruptcy journey!

Read the news for yourselves: Solutia Inc. Emerges From Chapter 11 as a Market-leading Specialty Chemicals Company With Global Leadership Positions in Each of Its Business Segments [or visit the Solutia reorganization site].

It's been a bit of a roller coaster ride. Especially lately.

We were supposed to emerge on January 25th, 2008 - but the unexpected happened [see Solutia Provides Update Regarding Chapter 11 Emergence and Exit Financing].

We took action [see Solutia Files Suit Against Citi, Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank]. Definitely the right move as it led to Solutia Gains Court Approval of Exit Financing; Will Emerge From Chapter 11 On February 28.

Tomorrow, Leap Day 2008, we will have our first global teleconference as the new company we've become. A celebration.

As much as this has been a business transformation process, bankruptcy is also very much a personal one. Ours has taken four years and a few months. Think of the transformational four-year journeys you've taken. What comes to mind? High school? College? I remember being a different person at the end of both compared to the person starting out. I always liked who came out better.

Same goes for this journey. I had joined the Wear-Dated carpet fiber group approximately four months prior to our entering into Chapter 11; the Acrilan fiber business I was leaving was in terrible disarray. It was soon to be shut down. Our successes there were no longer relevant. Luckily, I had a new home, but I had to reinvent myself for a new business, a new company, and a new world.

So, here I am... Blogger, marketer, writer and social media enthusiast. Thank you for being part of my journey and encouraging me along the way. I'm ready for life beyond bankruptcy.

We have emerged. Jubilation!

Technorati Tags: Del.icio.us Tags:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a nice place for women especially to furnish their house and decorate with good flooring. This site gives great opportunity for women to start business. The book "Just Ask a Women: Cracking the code of what women want and how they buy" is a nice way to know the tactics to shop and buy the right thing.

-------------
Jenny
http://www.shepelskylaw.com

CB Whittemore said...

Jenny, I encourage you to read Mary Lou Quinlan's book for the very reasons you describe. I absorb a new piece of wisdom every time I reread it.

Thanks for visiting.

Post a Comment

Reminder: Please, no self-promotional or SPAM comments. Don't bother if you're simply trying to build inauthentic link juice. Finally, don't be anonymous: it's too hard to have a conversation. Thanks, CB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...