Flooring The Consumer on Simple Marketing Now

Please visit Flooring The Consumer's new home on SimpleMarketingNow.com where you can subscribe to receive updates to blog articles in real time!

Friday, February 22, 2008

May's Child Is...

May Flowers 1 originally uploaded by sp_clarke.
Spring is in the air. Not just because I'm an optimist. Although I am. Being in the midst of a snowstorm [first decent one of the season] isn't a reason to doubt the lengthening days, the increased activity level of birds, squirrels and chipmunks. It will happen. I know. I'm May's Child!

Phil Gerbyshak tagged me in December's Child Is... to participate in an interesting meme about getting to know more about the people whose blogs you may read.

The rules are simple:

1. Mention the person who tagged you and create a link back to them.
2. Pick your month of birth.
3. Copy-paste the traits for all the twelve months (see Phil's post for the full list).
4. Highlight the traits that apply to you and if you would like write some wit or not.
5. Tag 12 people and let them know by visiting their blogs and leaving a comment for them.
6. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve done it!

My month being May, the loveliest, most sense-engaging month of the year, here are my traits [according to Phil's list]:

Stubborn and hard-hearted. Strong-willed and highly motivated. Sharp thoughts. Easily angered. Attracts others and loves attention. Deep feelings. Beautiful physically and mentally. Firm Standpoint. Needs no motivation. Easily consoled. Systematic (left brain). Loves to dream. Strong clairvoyance. Understanding. Sickness usually in the ear and neck. Good imagination. Good physical. Weak breathing. Loves literature and the arts. Loves traveling. Dislike being at home. Restless. Not having many children. Hardworking. High spirited. Spendthrift.

[Hmmmm. This could get interesting.] Let's see.

Stubborn and hard-hearted. I have strong focus. I'm not unreasonable, so I wouldn't call it stubborn. And more like warm-hearted, with a protective outer layer.

Strong-willed and highly motivated. Oh, yes. I will not be distracted - too much.

Sharp thoughts. What is that supposed to mean? If you're observant, and you notice inconsistencies, are you supposed to apologize for something? Hmph.

Easily angered. Who doesn't get a bit hot around the collar now and then? Especially if there's a reason. But, otherwise, I am calm, even-tempered, the very picture of reason. A seasoned adult. And, I never hold a grudge. Well, almost never.

Attracts others and loves attention. I really appreciate that so many of you like Flooring The Consumer and have decided to return or subscribe. And, I love your comments and emails. And, I'm very excited about seeing many of you at the upcoming Blogger Social. So, maybe...

Deep feelings. Absolutely! You had better have deep feelings if you are going to blog, right? It's called passion. I take it very seriously.

Beautiful physically and mentally. Well, of course!

Firm Standpoint. If you're going to blog, you had better have points-of-view that you are willing to stand behind. I take that seriously, too.

Needs no motivation. That's right; see above. Although every now and then a little extra motivation is very much appreciated...

Easily consoled. Yes, especially if the feelings are genuine.

Systematic (left brain). I'm practical, okay?

Loves to dream. Oh, yes!

Strong clairvoyance. Are we talking, being purple, obsequious and clairvoyant? Possibly.

Understanding. I try very hard. That's why it takes so long for my 6 year old to go to sleep: that's when she tells me about what's going on and when I try my best to understand her world and her issues. [It's also why I need that protective outer layer.]

Sickness usually in the ear and neck. Other than a stiff neck when I get tense, never!

Good imagination. Yes. I had better, right?

Good physical. Yes. See below.

Weak breathing. Totally wrong. I spin. You can't spin and have weak breathing. Not.

Loves literature and the arts. Oh, yes! They help me dream about possibilities.

Loves traveling. There's something about those airplane and train rides that fills me with ideas, dreams, plans and possibilities.

Dislike being at home. Absolutely not! Too much travel makes home the only place to recharge. Home is sanity. Home is calmness. Home - and the people within - is the center of my universe.

Restless. Intellectually, yes.

Not having many children. I have one child. Quality over quantity. I recommend it.

Hardworking. How many bloggers do you know who aren't?

High spirited. Yes. Goes hand-in-hand with passion. However, in my case, it's grounded high-spirits.

Spendthrift. I call it being responsible and practical.

Did I miss anything?

I'm tagging:
+ Shannon Bilby
+ Anna Farmery [Happy Birthday!]
+ Ann Handley
+ Toby Bloomberg
+ Stephanie Weaver
+ Mary Hunt
+ Andrea Learned
+ Yvonne DiVita
+ Carolyn Townes
+ Becky Carroll
+ Isabella Mori
+ Robyn McMaster

Technorati Tags: Del.icio.us Tags:

13 comments:

Robyn McMaster, PhD said...

Hi C.B., I can't imagine that some of these traits fit you. Wonder if Phil was grouchy when he coined these. ;-)

At any rate, I love the way you tweaked them, shows your ingenuity and that should be added to your list!

Thanks for the tag!

CB Whittemore said...

Robyn, I'm glad the tweaking come through for you! I can't wait to see what you do with this meme. Best to you, and thanks for participating!

Anonymous said...

CB -- I admire your ability to get into this challenge and reveal bits about yourself! Nice.

Not sure I can do another post that's MORE about me.. but I'm going to think on this one...

See you soon!

isabella mori said...

hi there, and thanks for the tag.

i like this meme better than most "getting to know you" memes because it invites the writer to compare herself to attributes that elicit interesting reflections. so thanks! i've put up my post and have tagged 12 others. let's see what happens!

i really feel i know you a bit better now. that's neat.

CB Whittemore said...

Ann, take your time! Savor the opportunity. Remember, I'm known for responding to tags like this 4 months later...

CB Whittemore said...

Isabella, you are most welcome! I love how you have responded. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I'm December's child so I guess he and I are more or less in the same boat. I paid Make it Great a visit and cannot wait to re-post this meme on my personal blog. Sometimes, we all just need to take a break and answer fun and interesting memes like this. Plus, these things help us get to know ourselves all over again.

CB Whittemore said...

Jen, you are so right. Thanks for playing along!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be so late to the game on this! I will post as a February baby later this week. It will take some thinking, though!

Thanks for tagging me!!

CB Whittemore said...

Becky, relax! There's no way you are late. I look forward to reading about this February Child! Thanks for participating.

Robyn McMaster, PhD said...

Hi C.B., I just went out and shoveled 8" of snow in the driveway. Made me think more of these beautiful May flowers soon to come... as is my response in the next couple of days!

CB Whittemore said...

Yikes, Robyn! We had what felt like 8" of rain. I can't wait to read your response. Happy almost Spring!

Robyn McMaster, PhD said...

C.B., my response to your tag is just posted!

Post a Comment

Reminder: Please, no self-promotional or SPAM comments. Don't bother if you're simply trying to build inauthentic link juice. Finally, don't be anonymous: it's too hard to have a conversation. Thanks, CB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...