Flooring The Consumer on Simple Marketing Now

Please visit Flooring The Consumer's new home on SimpleMarketingNow.com where you can subscribe to receive updates to blog articles in real time!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Blogger Must Haves: Backups and Tags

A while back, Drew McLellan listed links to posts that offered suggestions to new bloggers just starting out in New Blogger's Toolbox, including mine - Building A Blogger Toolbox.

Perhaps because Spring is in the air [or the mind depending on where you are located], I've had lots of questions lately about blogging and getting started on the blogging path. Drew's Blogger Toolbox came to mind, as did some additional resource ideas.

So, here are additional ideas for that Toolbox. I.e., Blogger Must Haves.

My favorite reference manual is Buzz Marketing with Blogs For Dummies. I still refer to it and routinely recommend it [that came out of a MarketingProfs webinar in 2005].

For the more advanced new blogger, please don't forget to backup your posts. When I first got started, I used BlogCollector Lite. But, when Blogger updated to its current version, that option no longer worked. I confess: I didn't backup for an extended period of time.

But, then, I cam across Communication Overtone's Kami Huyse's post about Cool Tools: Free Service to Back-up or Transfer Blog Content and I was hooked. Thank you, Kami!

BlogBackupOnline is an easy-to-use web based backup service. Simply sign up for an account, register your blog and the updates will happen automatically - including comments and visuals. It's an amazing resource.

And, it will be moving out of Beta in the next few weeks.

BlogBackupOnline offers a free account means with 5 MB of storage, in addition to paid options [i.e., Professional at 50 MB and Enterprise at 1GB].

Although by mentioning BlogBackupOnline here, I hope to expand my free storage from 5MB to 10MB, I can't say enough about how delightful this resource is, and how easy to use it is. I hope never to have to require restoration, but if I do I have good feelings about what to anticipate. It's also just a matter of time before I become a Professional account holder.

Another invaluable tool I came across via Google is Richard Rodger's Social Tag Generator For Your Blog Posts. This is a gem that has made tagging painless. Thank you, Richard.

Do you have other Blogger Must Haves you'd like to add? I'd love to learn about them.

Technorati Tags: Del.icio.us Tags:

4 comments:

Kami Huyse said...

This is a great post. I have been considering doing one of these tools posts myself.

Robyn McMaster, PhD said...

C.B. it's great to share tips with newer bloggers. I saw a great blog full of tipes at ProBlogger today on networking:

How to Promote Your Blog through Networking

CB Whittemore said...

Thanks, Kami. Funny thing is that I thought I had already done this in previous posts.

CB Whittemore said...

Robyn, thanks for the ProBlogger link - very relevant suggestions regardless of one's blogging proficiency!

Post a Comment

Reminder: Please, no self-promotional or SPAM comments. Don't bother if you're simply trying to build inauthentic link juice. Finally, don't be anonymous: it's too hard to have a conversation. Thanks, CB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...