Flooring The Consumer on Simple Marketing Now

Please visit Flooring The Consumer's new home on SimpleMarketingNow.com where you can subscribe to receive updates to blog articles in real time!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Back From Blogger Social 2008 - NYC

I confess. I'm still somewhat awed by Blogger Social, and surprised that it's over.

For so long, it was something to anticipate and look forward to. Then, it became somewhat more tangible with the Countdown to Blogger Social '08 and even a countdown clock. A week or so before, reality set in with directions for arrangements and meetups, amazing documentation in emails from CK.

And, now, it's over. I haven't fully absorbed all of the interactions and conversations - although I have uploaded my Blogger Social 2008 set to Flickr - and marvelous bits come back to me, clicking and connecting with other amazing moments to create more Aha!s.

I'm particularly glad that it took place on the heels of BlogHer Business 2008, giving me added time with Connie Reece, Tara Anderson, Toby Bloomberg, Anna Farmery, Heather Gorringe, Kaitlyn Wilkins, Virginia Miracle, and Lori Magno, as well as Yvonne DiVita and Mary Hunt.

Friday night at the Perfect Pint was unreal. I walked into a big hug from Gavin Heaton, and then onto CK, Valeria Maltoni, Ann Handley, Luc Debaisieux, Drew McLellan, Geoff Livingston, Kris Hoet, Paul Dunay, David Reich, Greg Verdino, Doug Meacham, Todd Andrlik, Matt Dickman, Chris Kieff, Mack Collier and David Armano.

The Circle Line tour around half of Manhattan was a blast with an opportunity to spend time with CeCe Lee, Mark Goren, Jason Falls, Roberta Rosenberg, Thomas Clifford, Marshall Sponder, Cam Beck, Shashi Bellamkonda, and Tim McHale while absorbing the views of my favorite urban island.

CB, Arun and Toby originally uploaded by mvellandi.

Dinner was filled with inspiring [and often too short] discussions with Arun Rajagopal, Ryan Barrett, Sean Howard, Katie Chatfield [you are amazing, Shouty!], Kristin Gorski, Scott Monty, Terry Starbucker, Steve Roesler, Lewis Green, Darryl Ohrt, Joe Kutchera, David Berkowitz, Paul McEnany, Neil Vineberg, Vahe Habeshian and Rohit Bhargava. Gene DeWitt and David Polinchock had me thinking about literature [ranging from russian lit to science fiction] and social media.

I wish I had had more time to speak with Seni Thomas, Mike Arauz, Matthew Bailey, Jennifer Berk, Tim Brunelle, Saul Colt, Amanda Gravel, Kevin Horne, Jennifer Laycock, Matthew McDonald, Rita Perea, Marilyn Pratt, Jane Quigley, Cathleen Rittereiser, John Rosen, Tamar Weinberg, John Wall, Paul Soldera, Nathan Snell and Linda Sherman.

Thank you, Steve Woodruff, for welcoming us into your home on Sunday, where I enjoyed more conversation with Susan Bird, Ryan Karpeles, Mario Vellandi and Tangerine Toad.

I really missed Mike Sansone, Gianandrea Facchini, Joseph Jaffe [or was he there?], Susan Reynolds and Marianne Richmond.

This event makes real the essence of social media. Each individually brought unique knowledge, experience and perspective to this community meetup, creating additional meaning for everyone. Each has so much passion to share, you can't help but learn. As a result, the individual becomes stronger and wiser, making the community that much better off.

Age is irrelevant. Location doesn't matter. What does matter is how authentic and genuine you are, and how much passion you share.

Thank you. Long Live Blogger Social 2008!

Technorati Tags: Del.icio.us Tags:

10 comments:

Toby said...

CB - Great post. I too am having Blogger Social withdrawal. Let's meet for a coffee and talk .. oh I forgot you live a thousand miles away :-(

Love our photo with us and Arun.

Mario Vellandi said...

The time was truly remarkable. Relaxing at Steve's house on Sunday cozy and pleasant.
Until later,
Mario

Terry Starbucker said...

Hey CB, it was great to share a dinner table with you on Saturday, and to get a chance to meet you personally. I really enjoyed our chats, and look forward to the next time (I think we're now trying to plan an October meet up in CT, so stay tuned!). All the best!

Terry

CB Whittemore said...

Toby, yes - coffee! And your fantastic brownies! Maybe virtually? pending a trip down by you... Thanks so much for attending both events.

CB Whittemore said...

Mario, Steve's was a perfect ending. I am kicking myself, though, that I forgot to bring my camera. I hope to see you again soon.

CB Whittemore said...

Terry, Oct in CT? How perfect! I'm glad we were at the same table. To this day, I never listen to WFUV without thinking of you.

Gavin Heaton said...

All so true, CB! It was a great event and I am really looking forward to BS09 in Europe next year!

CB Whittemore said...

Gavin, I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I still smile when I think how wonderful BS 08 was... even after 3 weeks.

CB Whittemore said...

David, me, too! See you soon in NYC to relive a few of those moments... and plan for the next one!

Post a Comment

Reminder: Please, no self-promotional or SPAM comments. Don't bother if you're simply trying to build inauthentic link juice. Finally, don't be anonymous: it's too hard to have a conversation. Thanks, CB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...