I found particularly interesting how Walgreen's is reinventing the grocery store [and drugstore at Duane Reed] experience by focusing locally.
Notice also the potential that mobile holds for the retail experience. The links included below already inspired a post - also included below.
I'll be at Surfaces 2011 - the annual flooring trade show - in Las Vegas next week keeping very busy [see Press Release: Surfaces 2011 Education Sessions Focus On Connecting With Customers] - which means that I won't be able to share links and resources with you next week. If you come across some, though, that you find particularly interesting please do share them on Twitter using #retailexp or leave a reference in the comments and I'll recap them the following week.
Retail Experience and Customer Service
- 9 retailers who get customer experience right: http://ow.ly/3FvhN Any surprises? #retailexp
- Time to get the #retailexp better connected, informed customers respond well http://ow.ly/3G7g0
- This is a #retailexp issue: shoppers better connected to information than store associates http://ow.ly/3GWAt
- Marketing to shoppers at every touchpoint thanks to digital devices http://ow.ly/3GWvs #retailexp
Retail Experience Ideas
- Fancy this: Walgreens to expand fresh food offerings at sotres http://ow.ly/3DRL5 #retailexp
- Brilliant! Local beer sold at Brooklyn Duane Reade [owned by walgreens]. Talk about local #retailexp http://ow.ly/3F3K2
- Ideas for #retailexp: 8 reasons proximity marketing will matter in 2011 fr @retexperience http://ow.ly/3GWTs
Integrating Online with Offline
- Fabulous Twitter insights fr @biggayicecream http://ow.ly/3FvoD #practicalmktr #retailexp
- Fascinating: blogs drive beauty product purchases http://ow.ly/3FvNL Consider other categories! #retailexp
- Check out fr @marketingprofs how shoppers use & love mobile devices for in-store buying http://ow.ly/3GWwA #retailexp
- My thoughts re: customers, digital devices & #retailexp http://ow.ly/3HbDe Reactions?
Enjoy and thanks for reading!
For previous issues of Retail Experience In The News, see Retail Experience News.
Graphic Created Via Wordle.