Note the discussion below about the IKEA retail experience. Jeremy Meyers draws a fascinating parallel between gaming and IKEA's in-store path of discovery.
Retail Experience and Customer Service
- Interesting perspective on how search behavior varies depending on mobile, tablet or desktop http://ow.ly/4ek9a #retailexp
- RT @CinWilliams: Consumers listen to online reviews/strangers b4 they believe your ads. #retailexp Me: Better make sure cust exp is great!
- Men embrace mobile shopping vs. women & social shopping? Shoppercentric survey http://ow.ly/48Wqj #retailexp
- Are you seeing signs of this in your marketplace: small luxuries are back http://ow.ly/4awhS #retailexp
Retail Experience Ideas
- Have you considered 'core product neglect syndrome'? Read http://ow.ly/4awbZ and learn more #retailexp
- What's your take on the IKEA store layout? http://ow.ly/4dIbI #retailexp via @retexperience
- + @CBWhittemore its 'gamification' before that word existed. makes the experience an adventure rather than work #retailexp
- + RT @EHise: RT @CBWhittemore: What's yr take on IKEA store layout? http://ow.ly/4dIbI via @retexperience >> Love it. Always a shopping event!
- + @jeremymeyers I also love yr digital analogy to the physical retail experience. I'll B thinking very differently when I next go thru IKEA
- + @CBWhittemore they encourage you to experience it all, not just grab what you already know you need and go.
- + @CBWhittemore there are shortcuts in between departments and stuff...you're not FORCED through the maze.
Integrating Online with Offline
- Examples H2 use Facebook to capture customers fr HBR http://ow.ly/48Wo5 #retailexp
- 2 concepts for virtual dressing room experiences http://ow.ly/48Wjc #retailexp
Enjoy and thanks for reading!
For previous issues of Retail Experience In The News, see Retail Experience News.
Simple Marketing Now, a marketing communications consultancy, helps organizations integrate social media and content marketing with traditional marketing to better connect with customers and improve business profitability. Simple Marketing Now issues the Social Flooring Index which monitors the social state of the Flooring Industry, Flooring The Consumer, about marketing to women and the retail experience. For more information, and the Simple Marketing Blog, about social media and content marketing to better connect with customers.
Graphic Created Via Wordle.