eNewsletters From Simple Marketing Now!I have two eNewsletters to tell you about, both from Simple Marketing Now [aka me].
The first went out on 12/2/09. It's the latest issue of Simple News & Insights. [To receive that directly, you do need to subscribe to Simple News & Insights.]
The second went out yesterday and represents the inaugural copy of my Flooring eNewsletter. I share it with you here.
And, Happy Holidays!
This is always an interesting time of year with so much happening as it relates to Flooring.
• It’s the consumer’s Holiday-buying home stretch – which gives us a read on her shopping mood.
• Many flooring retail buying groups have conventions in the works, allowing members to compare notes about the state of flooring retail.
• And, then, from a flooring product perspective, we have manufacturer regional and national shows, and – of course! – Surfaces in the U.S. and DOMOTEX in Germany.
Given this time of analysis, anticipation and consideration of possibilities ahead, what do you consider the most valuable flooring inspiration?
Sources of Flooring Inspiration
Catalina Research’s Stuart Hirschhorn predicts that the residential replacement market will strengthen in the second half of 2010. What’s your take on that?
What About The Consumer of The Future? How different do you think her attitude will be about shopping, and shopping for flooring products more specifically?
What about your customer relationships? Are you rethinking the relationships you establish with customers and the experience you offer them? How might you translate the new retail experience benchmark – Apple – to your flooring retail experience?
What about highlighting flooring’s fashion and design sensibilities? I was delighted to come across the UK’s Fun on The Floor campaign which celebrates the versatility, warmth and fun of carpet! I encourage you to visit and explore http://www.FunOnTheFloor.com including the video tour of the Fun on The Floor house…
Finally, what about your marketing strategy? Has it changed? What’s working for you? What’s not? Serious discussion on that is in the works for Surfaces 2010. Perhaps you’ll join me? You have two formal opportunities:
• Monday, Feb. 1, 2010 from 9am to noon, Marketing in a Recession 101 with Scott Perron, Paul Friederichsen and me
• Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2010 from noon to 1pm, Social Media 101 with me
And informal ones, too. Just let me know when is convenient for you!
I look forward to seeing you at Surfaces 2010.
In the meantime, I wish you Happy Holidays and amazing productivity in all of your endeavors. And I welcome your feedback on some of the questions above and suggestions on other sources of inspiration.
Warm & Simple Regards,
Christine B. Whittemore
Simple Marketing Now LLC
Technorati Tags: simple marketing now flooring enewsletter flooring insights simple news and insights