I was particularly inspired by stories related to a few of my favorite retailers - Urban Outfitters and Trader Joe's - and really intrigued with both the retail experience ideas and integrating online with offline.
Retail Experience and Customer Service
- RT @MackCollier: 21 social media quotes on customer service by @conversationage - http://ow.ly/2tn2H #retailexp
- Urban Outfitters: Be Where Customers Are http://bit.ly/cDy8Nn #retailexp
- if the consumers in control, why do so many stores stop you from taking pictures? http://bit.ly/c3CalH #custserv #retailexp
- Vital to the #retailexp: Walking in her shoes http://bit.ly/cL9fB6
- Even retailers are sold on frugality WSJ: http://bit.ly/cxTN7M #retailexp
- Stores finding deep discounts aren't enough http://bit.ly/aHvOp1 #retailexp
- Strategies to regain control over prices fr. WSJ http://bit.ly/aRv7qK #retailexp
- Talk about priceless: scientists prove designer knockoffs turn U into lying, cheating mess http://bit.ly/8YZYsW #retailexp
Retail Experience Ideas
- RT @LisaPetrilli: Inside the secret world of Trader Joe's via @FortuneMagazine http://bit.ly/brXujT #MENGonline #retailexp
- Want to be inspired? Read this interview w/ Urban Outfitter's Glen Senk http://bit.ly/cx78nN #retailexp - Note which retailers inspire him!
- 6 point strategy for effective email - relevant to #retailexp communications http://bit.ly/bXwQ2e
- Retiring Neiman Marcus CEO Burt Tansky leaves fascinating legacy of luxury http://bit.ly/9Eozlb #retailexp
- Have you read this account of the knockoff-tennis-shoe factory from NYT? http://nyti.ms/d5iPmM #retailexp
- How to make the most out of your retail estate http://bit.ly/dzFr1n #retailexp and revisiting my archives :-)
Integrating Online with Offline
- Fascinating #retailexp alliance: Gilt Groups + Target http://bit.ly/9JWLrq
- How Cabela's maximizes sales in every channel [and reinvented its #retailexp] http://bit.ly/dwCSBx
- Passive geolocation checkins holds interesting potential for integrating online/offline #retailexp http://bit.ly/cJRVxU
- Shaw Floors using QR tags in #flooring point-of-purchase materials http://bit.ly/acTk20 #retailexp
- Shopper marketing goes social and mobile. Excellent #retailexp perspective http://bit.ly/8YQBCL
- Great examples of luxury experiments with social media http://bit.ly/duiVDI #retailexp
Enjoy and thanks for reading!
For previous issues of Retail Experience In The News, see Retail Experience News.
Graphic Created Via Wordle.