Biggest surprises: the number of articles discussing consumer spending and Christmas in July, despite talk of Halloween!
Retail Experience and Customer Service
- Americans value good service more than ever - be prepared for your #retailexp! http://bit.ly/9ptZSF
- Uniqlo's Fast Retailing redefines #retailexp and corporate social responsibility http://bit.ly/bAqZcR
- Do you provide useful and relevant information to your customers? if yes, they will read your emails #retailexp http://bit.ly/99yJnp
- Forging strong customer connections = 1800Flowers' secret for memorable #retailexp http://bit.ly/cn1Cfu
- Turning social into economic capital via word of mouth or referrals fr Wharton http://bit.ly/bl6jRm Valid for #retailexp
- Preliminary July consumer sentiment weakened to lowest in 11 months http://bit.ly/c0qnjQ How will that affect #retailexp?
- The oracle of Omaha says recovery still has way to go http://bit.ly/dh8wGt & economists show optimism http://bit.ly/aoLqbx #retailexp
- Corporate mistrust grows, compounded by BP/gulf woes. Oppty for #retailexp: be transparent, build trust http://bit.ly/adbiKf
- 31% of pop = Xtreme shoppers. Note new definition of value w/ implications for #retailexp http://bit.ly/cYn5AV
- The new luxury redefined into 'functional' luxury http://bit.ly/aYVdz1 How will this affect your #retailexp?
- RT @LenKendall: Twitter mood maps reveal emotional states of America http://tinyurl.com/3yqkcf5 CB: fascinating
- Telling stories w/ statistics: gd, bad, ugly fr @FloorCoveringIn http://bit.ly/cYOkEb What's yr favorite? doesn't have tb re: #flooring
- What it means to be rich in 2010 http://bit.ly/afAWB6 Fascinating insights on consumers & meaning of life #retailexp
- NPD: consumers R resetting, not recovering. Imagine, "every purchase is a biz transaction" http://bit.ly/bz1sof #retailexp
- According to Forbes, consumers won't be splurging again until 2013. Hohum. http://bit.ly/a2U1QA #retailexp
Retail Experience Ideas
- Catalogs a natural for iPads http://bit.ly/dmyHMd - as well as in-store #retailexp displays as @lbbinc & I noticed in SoHo
- Were U aware that Halloween is more popular w/adults? Victoria's Secret has plans http://bit.ly/bhR56m How do U relate it 2 yr #retailexp?
- No, not Christmas in July! There has tb better way to jazz up #retailexp http://bit.ly/bbH4Ow
- More about Christmas summer sales http://bit.ly/9hRcBx #retailexp BahHumbug
- Creating a memorable #retailexp in-store vs. outdoors from Bass Pro http://bit.ly/bMSdxt Priceless!
- The story of Thomas Lipton fr NPR http://ow.ly/2ehpT Lots of inspiration for #retailexp
- What do you think is shaping consumer behavior at retail? Joseph Bona shared a few at NRF retail panel http://bit.ly/9ti1Ce #retailexp
Thanks for reading!
For previous issues of Retail Experience In The News, see Part I, Part II and Part III.
Graphic Created Via Wordle.