My personal favorite is the AdAge article about the ramifications of the decline in the US car culture. I refer to those ideas repeatedly as I think about the consumer of the future.
Also interesting are the global/local considerations.
Let me know what resonates most with you. By the way, since Bathroom Blogfest 2010 will be happening next week, I'll be holding off on Retail Experience in the News... which means lots more goodies for you when things resume in early November!
Retail Experience and Customer Service
- RT @rnadworny: The Value of an Existing Customer http://bit.ly/cCRnGZ from @Flowtown CB: Excellent info for #retailexp!
- Here's an angle on customer service: customer EXP vs. fixing the problem http://bit.ly/d1oonw #retailexp
- Storytelling to build businesses and humanize them. Differentiates, too. #retailexp http://nyti.ms/bK8HGg
- Reward, Recognition, Relevance all critical to loyalty fr @retexperience http://bit.ly/do2Ufr #retailexp
- Did U C this? Fr May AdAge: Is Dig Revolution Driving Decline in US Car Cultr? http://bit.ly/avdznj #retailexp I consider this profound
- Uniqlo is using slow sales to clean up its Biz http://bit.ly/cq27hz #retailexp
Retail Experience Ideas
- 5 lessons learned from Shoebuy.com founder, http://bit.ly/cKoXFQ My fav: never stop innovating/bldng value & Be nice. #retailexp
- Which retailers have done the most to reinvent retail? http://su.pr/1y3XVr #retailexp
- Dunkin Donuts has to consider local as it goes global #retailexp
- Sourcing locally has global implications when U R Walmart. What does your sourcing look like? #retailexp
Integrating Online with Offline
- American Apparel looking to bridge online and offline #retailexp http://bit.ly/bVaJBJ
- SBux reinventing store exp w/ designs that zero in on local communities http://bit.ly/c4jrS4 #retailexp
- North Face tests geo-fencing. http://bit.ly/8XicQl At what point wld this become excessive interruption? #retailexp
- RT @cc_chapman: New #ContentRules post about how @Zappos is FULL of content - http://bit.ly/dyItMN #retailexp
Enjoy and thanks for reading!
For previous issues of Retail Experience In The News, see Retail Experience News.
Graphic Created Via Wordle.