Flooring The Consumer on Simple Marketing Now

Please visit Flooring The Consumer's new home on SimpleMarketingNow.com where you can subscribe to receive updates to blog articles in real time!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Simple Marketing Now Update - March 2011

Simplify Your Marketing!

March 2011 SIMPLE MARKETING NOW Update and Looking Toward April

We may be fully immersed in April, but I think you will enjoy these updates from this past March from Simple Marketing Now. I've categorized posts into Social Media Marketing Resources and Simple Marketing News.

Looking toward April, I'd love your input!  Over these next few weeks, I intend to explore several ideas that have been percolating for a while.

One includes a series focused on reviewing business blogs and offering suggestions for improvement. If you have a blog and would like to be included, please let me know.

Another has to do with questions small and medium businesses and retailers have about integrating digital and social tools into their retail and business experience. What is working for you? What isn't? What questions are your grappling with ? I'd love to hear.


Thanks in advance for your ideas!

[If you are new to Flooring The Consumer, I also write the Simple Marketing Blog where I discuss marketing strategy and creative, practical, simple marketing approaches and share best practices - many of which may be relevant to you and your business as you consider what's possible. The blog also acts as newsroom for Simple Marketing Now.]

Simple Marketing News for March 2011


March was intense - to say the least!  Not only did I take part in my inaugural online seminar with MarketingProfs - see Press Release: Concerned About Managing Your Company's Reputation in a Social World? - but I also celebrated two years as Simple Marketing Now!  Details are in Happy Simple Marketing Blog Birthday #2!

I was invited, too, to take part in a New York Law School panel discussion - see Press Release: New York Law Panel Discussion 4/4/2011 - during which many aspects of privacy, disclosure and consumer protection came up.  I plan on summarizing many of those points in a separate blog post.

Social Media Marketing Resources:


At the beginning of March, I participated in the annual BRITE Conference at Columbia Business School. I summarized highlights in BRITE Conference 2011: Highlights and BRITE Conference: Steve Rubel & 11 Digital Trends to Follow in 2011.  I particularly enjoyed meeting in person BL Ochman from What's Next? Blog and Denise Lee Yohn from Brand as Business Bites.  Denise is as fascinated about the retail experience as I am and we've already had one conversation during which we shared retail observations. I'm looking forward to more!

Here is a summary from my MarketingProfs online seminar: Managing Your Social Reputation: Highlights which also inspired this post: How Do I Increase My Followers? - a topic that comes up in every presentation I've made...

Finally, here are the latest links to articles and news about practical marketing on Twitter, coded #PracticalMktr:

As always, Thank You for reading. If you enjoyed this article, perhaps you would consider subscribing to Flooring The Consumer via email or RSS.

Have a wonderful April.

Best,
C.B.

2 comments:

Bill Buyok said...

Your insights are always so useful and valuable. There's a treasure trove of good info. Thanks.

Question for your consideration. Have you seen a traffic boost or decline in your blog/website after Google changed its search formula algorithm on Feb. 24th? Have your social media tools been a factor in this change?

CB Whittemore said...

Bill,

As always, THANK YOU for your comment.

Your question is very interesting. I did a quick analysis of my analytics and found no noticeable differences. However, although I have gotten an email from Overstock about a comment they left on one of my blogs [this was before I got tougher about accepting comments]. They said they were carefully monitoring links because of the algorithm changes.

My assumption is that anyone who has being buying links is in trouble. And that quality trumps quantity more than ever!

Best,
CB

Post a Comment

Reminder: Please, no self-promotional or SPAM comments. Don't bother if you're simply trying to build inauthentic link juice. Finally, don't be anonymous: it's too hard to have a conversation. Thanks, CB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...